Civil Engineer: Machine Moving and Rigging
Location: Richards Bay
Able to :
- Meet with clients to assess their enquiry on the relocation of heavy and/or complex rigging and lifting operations
- Take accurate measurements of site layout and machinery dimensions and weights.
- Determine how to achieve the required solution in an efficient and safe manner using large cranes and rigging equipment
- Produce a costing and scheduling program to show all the tasks and resources and costing for the entire operation
- Draw up CAD layouts of mobiles cranes working within their safe operating radius. Create a MS Projects program for the project and quote the client in writing, then engage directly with client and negotiate the pricing until order award achieved.
- Organise logistics of all equipment to meet establishments on site as per program. Engage directly with our artisans (riggers and fitters and operators) to direct them as to what they need to do
- Maintain relationship with client until contract completed.
- Track project to successful completion.
- Oversee all works on site are carried out to precise standards with a priority on safety.
Here are some criteria we are hoping to realize in the individual we are seeking:
- This is a prerequisite
- Should be a BSC Eng (Civils)
- Could be a diploma qualification
- Autocad ability must be good
- Microsoft Projects Programming must be good
- Needs to be able to consult one on one with clients and senior managers
- Must be enthusiastic about getting the job and executing same to exacting standards
Preferably a middle aged person
Should have at least 3 years experience
On site Works:
Prepared to work on site as a Project Manager
Prepared to work on sites all around Southern Africa for short term projects
Probably 20% on site, 80 % in office
This is a permanent position with long term intentions
Probably a 6 month probation period
Market related salary
Plus company vehicle and fuel
Plus company cell phone and internet
Also normal perks – provident fund, medical aid and funeral cover